2. Tips on Preparing For a Diverse Work Force
2.1 Planning for a diverse work force
How to Prepare for a Diverse Workforce
Find good people and keep them – start by designing a workplace that welcomes everyone.
As an employer, you already engage in workforce planning that includes:
- determining job standards;
- recruiting, orienting and training staff;
- managing and evaluating staff; and
- complying with the laws of the land.
You can successfully hire and retain ITWs by tailoring these activities to meet their needs.
- Provide detailed job information and reach out to a wider range of potential recruits.
- Become familiar with – and use –available tools and services that can help you assess international qualifications.
- Participate in bridge-to-work and mentoring programs that include ITWs.
- Get involved in language and job or skills training.
- Implement diversity and integration programs.