2. Tips on Preparing For a Diverse Work Force
2.6 Dealing with cultural differences
How to Prepare for a Diverse Workforce
Bridge the differences between cultures and enrich your workplace.
You may wonder whether a worker from a different cultural background will “fit in” and be able to do his or her job. You may be concerned about how other employees will react to and interact with ITWs.
You can address these concerns by preparing your workplace to embrace diversity. Here are some points to keep in mind.
- Your assessment and selection process should be designed to help you determine if the worker can do the job regardless of cultural background.
- You can provide training in cross-cultural communications to all your employees, including ITWs.
- Cultural differences can be bridged. Exposure to different cultures can be enriching.
- An inclusive workplace benefits everyone.