4. Assessing and Selecting Internationally Trained Workers
4.7 Related resources
- Alliance of Sector Councils (Pan-Canadian)
Information about how sector councils are helping their industries integrate internationally trained workers and links to specific sector council websites where you can find useful tools for hiring ITWs.
- Canadian Association of Prior Learning Assessment (Pan-Canadian)
Links to provincial prior learning assessment and recognition websites.
- Canadian Information Centre for International Credentials
Links to member organizations offering standardized assessment of foreign credentials.
- Centre for Canadian Language Benchmarks (Pan-Canadian)
Information on national standards for second-language proficiency for immigrants and prospective immigrants.
- Centre for Intercultural Learning
Overview of life and customs in 100 foreign countries.
- Educational Testing Service Canada, Inc. (Pan-Canadian)
The Canadian branch of the world’s largest private educational testing and measurement organization.
- Enhanced Language Training – Citizenship and Immigration Canada (Pan-Canadian)
Language training for newcomers to help them upgrade their English or French skills.
- Essential Skills Profiles
Descriptions of how essential skills are needed and used in a particular job. Over 350 occupational profiles are available through the searchable database.
- Test de connaissance du français (Pan-Canadian)
Information on one of the standardized French language tests used in Quebec.
- Essential Skills Needs Assessments
Various tools and resources to help identify essential skills strengths and areas to consider for improvement.