5. Integrating and Retaining Internationally Trained Workers
5.3 Using all your workers’ skills
Integrating and Retaining Internationally Trained Workers
Motivate your work force – acknowledge and use your workers’ skills and talents.
There are many ways to make the best use of your internationally trained workers.
- Include them in the development of new processes, products or services. Their unique perspectives may present unusual but effective new ideas.
- Watch for hidden skills that may not have been identified during the hiring process. Their diverse backgrounds can be a rich source of skills and talents. Find ways to use these skills appropriately.
- Recognize and use their cultural knowledge, language skills and international networks to develop international business or marketing programs aimed at specific local markets.
- Use their language skills to translate materials and to provide customer service in multiple languages.